We are living in the age of a new wave of digital revolutions, led by cloud and internet technologies, resulting in an unprecedented amount of data produced every day. The ability to make sense of this data, foresee the applications of insights produced by it, and communicate effectively these insights to a diverse range of audiences is of paramount importance to engineers and other professionals.
The MSc in Data Science program at Koç University has a computational focus and students are trained in advanced methods, tools, and applications to help them achieve the above goals.
The program provides students wishing to succeed in today’s data-driven world:
- Theoretical foundations and practical skills to apply the knowledge gained in a wide-range of applications and industries
- An interdisciplinary curriculum with collaboration of various departments from our College of Engineering and our Graduate School of Business.
- Courses offered span a variety of areas that includes computer science, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, chemical and biological engineering, and economics
- Interaction with several of Koç University’s 200+ research laboratories
As a newly established program, faculty members are on the lookout for driven and academically outstanding candidates who want to expand their engineering capabilities and gain an industry sought-after degree that will increase their post-graduation career choices to new fields (e.g. banking, finance, consulting, and government) and long-term career trajectories.
Master of Science without Thesis in Data Science
- All the applicants should apply through ONLINE APPLICATION PROGRAM.
- Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
- Recommendation Letters (2 for MSc, 3 for Ph.D) (3 for MS in Molecular Biology and Genetics)
- TOEFL or YDS/e-YDS/YOKDIL Requirement (for those whose native language is not English)
- TOEFL Internet Based: Minimum Score 80 (Exams taken in Turkey must be carried out at the State Universities.)
- YDS/e-YDS/YOKDIL: 80
- ALES scores
- GRE scores (required from Foreign students; optional for Turkish students)
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
The applications of the candidates are received through the online system. Shortlisted candidates among those who have completed their applications will be interviewed. Graduate Program coordinators will send all the information about the proposed applicants to the program and types of scholarship proposed for each candidate by the deadline to the Graduate School. Prospective student evaluation proposals are evaluated by the Executive Committee of the Graduate School and forwarded to the Office of Vice President for Research and Development (VPRD). The Office of Vice President for Research and Development (VPRD) and the Directors of the Graduate Schools evaluate the candidates who have been evaluated and proposed by the Graduate School Executive Committees at a meeting and decide on possible changes.
The number of exchange program partners has increased rapidly over the years and the number of partner institutions has exceeded 100.