The table below shows how tuition is calculated depending on the number of courses and credits a student takes. Students who did not pay necessary fees cannot register for courses.
|Number of Course(s) taken by the Student||Tuition Calculation|
|1||20% of full-tuition regardless of the number of credits|
|2 or more courses, but less than the normal course load of the student||
20% of full-tuition for all courses with 2 credits and above
10% of full tuition for all courses with 1* or 1.5 credits
|Normal course load or overload||Full-tuition|
*ALIS. 100, UNIV. 101, HIST. 100 and KOLT. 101 courses are not included in tuition calculation.
The following students can overload (overloading means taking an additional course that has 2 or more credits):
The following students can take 2 additional courses that has 2 or more credits:
Other students cannot overload.
Students do not pay an extra fee for overloading in Fall and Spring semesters.
However, students who satisfy one or more of the overload criteria need to pay the additional course fee for the third course they take in Summer term.
(*) Note: College of Engineering students at Freshman status, who satisfy the 3.6 or above GPA condition may only overload with the approval of their advisor.
Students who begin their undergraduate career in the summer term, and become eligible to overload based on their summer GPA or SPA, will not be allowed to overload in the Fall term.
Note:Students are required to pay the course fee for each course they take in summer semesters. Course fee in summer semesters is 10% of the Fall or Spring tuition fee (in the same academic year) for 1 and 1,5 credit courses, and 20% of the Fall or Spring tuition fee (in the same academic year) for 2-or-more-credits courses.
1. When taking Leave of Absence (LoA) for one semester, students are required to pay 20% of semester tuition. This fee has been determined as the required fee for Koç University students to keep their student rights (such as the right to use the library and other facilities -except for the dormitories- and to get student certificates). Students on LoA may continue to benefit from their student rights.
2. New-entrants to Koç University (1st-Year ELC students or Freshman Undergraduate students) are required to pay the full amount of the semester tuition (regardless of any scholarships or waivers they may have) if they take an LoA in either of their first two semesters. Student exchange programs approved by YÖK (Higher Education Council of Türkiye) are an exception to this rule. Students participating those programs are required to pay the regular LoA fee (20% of semester tuition).
3. Students who have not paid their tuition by the deadline and students who did not enroll for any course without permission of the relevant Koç University Council lose their rights as Koç University student for the respective semester. The student ID cards of these students will be canceled and their campus access will be restricted. They are not allowed to use Koç University dormitories for the respective semester. Students who benefit from additional scholarships and waivers at the discretion of Koç University (such as monthly stipends or dormitory fee waivers) will lose these rights for the respective semester. The respective semester will be taken into account in the calculation of the scholarship duration and in the maximum study duration of these students. These rules do not apply to students who will take amnesty exams towards graduation. Students who did not enroll for any course in a Fall or Spring semester and then enroll for courses in a later semester are required to pay 20% of the respective semester fee for all the semesters when they did not enroll (same tuition rule as it applies to students who take Leave of Absence with the permission of the relevant Koç University Council).
4. Students (except for new-entrants -1st Year ELC students or Freshman Undergraduate students-) may be reimbursed for 50% of the semester tuition they had previously paid (with the condition that the final payment will not be less than 20% of semester tuition) if they take an LoA within the first seven weeks of an academic semester. For LoA requests after the first seven weeks, there are no reimbursements.
1. ELC students with scholarships are entitled to benefit from their scholarship for a two-year (four-semester) period.
2. After ELC, Students are eligible to benefit from their scholarships for twelve semesters in School of Medicine (SOM) and for eight semesters in other colleges. Students who complete the ELC in one or three semesters and who begin their undergraduate programs in Spring semester as irregular students may be eligible for an extra semester with scholarship if and only if their irregular status prevents them from completing their program in eight semesters.
3. The semester(s) a Koç University student spends on exchange program is/are counted towards his/her scholarship duration by default. Only in extraordinary circumstances, such as the cancellation of a class the student was planning to take on exchange by the host school, may the scholarship duration of the student be extended. The extension only covers the number of courses the student could not take during his/her exchange program. The student has to submit a petition to the Executive Council for an extension.
4. Double Major students with scholarships are given at most two additional semesters with scholarship eligibility if they cannot complete their Major or Second Major within their regular scholarship period.
1. New-entrants to Koç University (1st-Year ELC students or Freshman Undergraduate students) are required to pay the full amount of the semester tuition (regardless of any scholarships or waivers they may have) if they take an LoA in either of their first two semesters (Student exchange programs approved by YÖK, Higher Education Council of Türkiye, are an exception to this rule; students participating those programs are required to pay the regular LoA fee -20% of semester tuition-), or if they do not show up in classes. Such ELC students lose their scholarship eligibility for the rest of their ELC study.
2. Students (except for new-entrants -1st Year ELC students or Freshman Undergraduate students-) who do not enroll for an academic semester without the approval of the relevant Koç University Council lose their additional scholarship benefits (monthly stipends, textbook waivers, dormitory rights, etc.) for that semester. Such New-entrants (1st Year ELC students or Freshman Undergraduate students) are required to pay the full amount of semester tuition regardless of any scholarships or waivers they may have and such 1st Year ELC students lose their scholarship eligibility for the duration of their ELC study.
3. If a student is on LoA in a particular semester, that semester is not counted towards the scholarship duration of the student unless there is an overriding decision made by KU Executive Council.
Students who are suspended for one or more semester(s) are not required to pay any fees for the semester(s) they are suspended. That semester will not be counted towards the scholarship duration of the student.
SOM students taking classes (classes not delivered by SOM) in summer term are required to pay the same course fees as the students from other colleges.
Koç University students studying in another university on exchange programs are required to pay the full Koç University semester tuition.
Students who return to university by an amnesty law must pay the tuition fee which is determined for new entrants in the respective academic year.
Normal Course Load: It refers to the minimum number of credits and courses that students must complete each semester according to their curriculum. Details can be found in the current course templates at the link below.