Koç University Law School aims to nurture creative and sophisticated lawyers with its content-rich courses in public law, private law, and its core program, which enables students to excel in a variety of disciplines. The law school program responds adeptly to meet Türkiye’s need for lawyers who possess both professional language competency and an international perspective. Law school students have the opportunity to meet professional lawyers in regular seminars for their academic and career development.
Further, exchange programs in partnership with outstanding universities around the world and international internship opportunities are designed to support international experiences for students. The law school also works to instill professional ethic values in its graduates thus enabling them to work in all fields of law- public or private- without exception.
PhD in Economics
– MA/LL.M. Degree – A minimum GPA of 3,00/4,00
– ALES: (for native applicants) minimum 70 from Equally Weighted /Verbal or GRE: Minimum 154 (Quantitative/Verbal) Required
– English Proficiency: YDS (80) / YÖKDİL (80)/ TOEFL IBT(80) *For Turkish applicants YDS test score is accepted. Equivalent test scores from The Council of Higher Education Foreign Language Examination (YÖKDİL) will also be accepted for applications made in accordance with these additional terms.
– A research proposal (The proposal should outline the project that you wish to pursue in your PhD dissertation. It must be written in English or Turkish and must be no longer than 2500 words including footnotes, references and bibliography).
– A letter of intent ( 1000-2000 words)
– Successful performance in a written exam and interview
– Applicants will only be invited to take the interview and the written exam if their research proposals are found successful by the evaluation committee.
The number of exchange program partners has increased rapidly over the years and the number of partner institutions has exceeded 100.
Graduates of the Law Doctoral Program can work in many national and international academic positions, as lawyers, as prosecutors, as judges as well as ministries and undersecretaries, banks and financial institutions, notaries, private and public institutions, national and international companies if they provide the necessary competencies.
Career Development Center, supports all Koç University students and graduates in career Development and Planning, in preparing graduate education plans, and in professional life decisions. For more information about the Career Development Center, please visit https://career.ku.edu.tr/en/